In just a few weeks it will be Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage’s 18th birthday, and we want to celebrate with you. So we decided to give you a birthday gift: the chance to win a prize!
On October 1, 1997, Dancing Rabbit’s founders bought this beautiful land for our community, launching 18 years of creative experimentation and life-changing education. If you donate this month, there’s a double benefit— not only will you support our nonprofit’s work teaching people about deep sustainability, but you’ll also get a chance to win cool prizes.
Ecovillagers and friends have donated an amazing collection of items (see below for details!), and soon we’ll randomly choose the lucky prize winners. Want to be one of them? Here’s how:
Make a donation by Dancing Rabbit’s birthday, October 1st, and you’ll automatically be entered to win unique prizes straight out of Rutledge, Missouri! You’ll be entered in all the prize drawings at and below your donation level.
We’ll even send a surprise gift to the first 18 donors, regardless of how much you donate!
This summer our nonprofit won our first-ever grants from foundations who agree that our work is a critical piece of creating a truly sustainable world. While the ecovillage is financially self-supporting, our nonprofit can only continue to do cutting-edge research, offer talks and workshops around the country, and train tomorrow’s eco-leaders if people like you continue to support us.
Please make a donation today, be entered to win cool prizes, and set us on course for the next 18 years of creating sustainable communities everywhere.
Dancing Rabbit, Inc.
P.S. Remember, your donations to Dancing Rabbit, Inc. are tax-deductible (minus the value of any prize you win). Please make your donation now so we can keep learning and teaching how to build a sustainable culture. We need your help!
Dancing Rabbit’s 18th Birthday Celebration Prize List!
and how to be entered to win
If you give before October 1, 2015 you will be entered for all the prize drawings at the level of your donation AND all those below your donation level.
The first 18 donors of any amount will be shipped a surprise gift of our choosing in addition to being entered for the other drawings at their donation level and below, if applicable.
These prizes were all donated by people who love what Dancing Rabbit is doing. They were almost all* made or produced right here in Rutledge, Missouri, at our ecovillage or by our local friends.
Grand Prize – Make a donation of $200 or more and be entered to win:
- A custom collapsible Fire Ring with a Celtic image, made by neighbor artisans at Deep Green Machine ($450 value)
First Prizes – Make a donation of $75 or more and be entered to win one of the following:
- An original 11”x14” outer-space themed painting by ecovillager Lucas Berard
- One month of weekly coaching sessions with ecovillager Kassandra Brown ($397 value)
Second Prizes – Make a donation of $50 or more and be entered to win one of the following:
- A $100 gift certificate for The Grocery Store at Dancing Rabbit
- One Artemisia Soaps & Herbals Gift Bundle, all handmade by neighbor, friend, and supporter Kim Kanney: 1 bar Oatmeal Honey Soap, 1 bar Lavender Soap, 1 jar Herbal Healing Salve, 1 bag Moonlight Mint Tea ($28 value)
- A bottle of Mead brewed at Dancing Rabbit by ecovillager Cob Carleton (750 ml, $20 value)
Third Prizes – Make a donation of $30 or more and be entered to win one of the following:
- An heirloom garlic sampler from Thistledown (4 varieties, about 1 lb., $8 value)
- A ball of handmade, direct trade Chocolate Alegria* from ecovillager Sharon’s farm in Ecuador ($7 value)
- A bag of all-natural jewelry-quality feathers from free-range poultry raised by the Critter Collectiveat Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage ($5 value)
- A jar of tomatillo salsa or corn relish (our choice) handmade from local ingredients at Sandhill Farm or Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage ($8 value)
*Chocolate Alegria is 100% cacao, shade grown, organic, and direct trade, but is not made or grown in Rutledge; it’s grown on Sharon’s farm in Ecuador and processed into chocolate entirely by hand by Sharon’s friends, an Ecuadorian farming family. Please let us know if you have figured out how to grow cacao in Missouri.
Obligatory fine print: One entry per person; must be 18 or over to enter; we can only ship to addresses within the US. Plus, we like you!